Local food in the comfort of your own home.
A night full of laughs to brighten your day.
An easy way to help make local food more accessible in our province.
The nitty gritty:
We are here to raise awareness about the climate crisis while spreading some light in these isolated times. To make this event as accessible as possible, we are offering a few ticket options for guests…
- Tune into the show for between $7.50-$15. If cost is a barrier, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you live in Winnipeg, purchase a locally sourced dinner from Sous Sol to enjoy during the show. Choose between grilled local squash (vegan) or beef short rib. Pick up directly from Sous Sol (22-222 Osborne St.) or have a bike courier deliver it right to your home if you’re located in central Winnipeg. See here for a map of our delivery service area.
What will the show look like?
- We promise it won’t be an hour of awkward comedy from the folks at Manitoba’s Climate Action Team. We’ve got local comedians joining us for the fun! The evening will include local comedians Tim Gray, Mike Green, Andy Noble, Dana Smith, and Jared Story. Click here for comedian bios.
- What about the local food part? We will introduce the evening with a bit of info about Winnipeg’s local food scene, but the comedians will take it from there and be the stars of the show.
Proceeds from the ticket sales:
- All proceeds from the ticket sales will help Manitoba’s Climate Action Team implement the pathway to a resilient future outlined in Manitoba’s Road to Resilience.
- Recognize the barrier that’s involved in getting local, sustainably sourced food to people? Fireweed Food Co-op and Serve the People are two local organizations working to help make local food accessible to Winnipegers experiencing food insecurity through the Waste Not project. We’ve added an option on ticket sales to contribute to this project if you’re interested and able to contribute.